|hcv and oral sex
Apr 16, 2009
I am very scared. I met a man and have fallen for him. He has hcv and i had oral sex with him and am worried that i may contract it thru his sperm. please help.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
This would be highly unlikely from oral intercourse. I wouldn't even recommend testing. Sexual intercourse can uncommonly lead to HCV transmission - this low risk (of about 2%) can be brought down to zero with condoms.
Anal intercourse with rectal tearing is associated with greater risk due to associated bleeding.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bloody Nose After Touching Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.