|help doc with my question please.
Apr 16, 2009
hello dr. i would like to ask a question you are possible familiar with, i would really appreciate your help. a person with these results: Hep. B surface antigen negative, Hep. B. surface antibody >500.0 and Hep. B. core ab. total. Positive. Does this person "currently" have a blood borne virus??? please help. thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
This serology is consistent with past exposure and clearance. An HBV DNA would certainly be non-detectable.
what type hepatitis?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Iodine Usefulness For Vaginal Infections
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Can I Catch HIV From Clothes?
- How Long Does It Take To Be Undetectable?
- Low CD4 Count And Weight Gain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.