|Cirhossis and spleen enlargement
Apr 16, 2009
My husband has HCV cirhossis his spleen has doubled in size. 2 years ago had bleed out from varices, 5 enlarged veins found and banded.No liver cancer detected yet, is he at enstage liver disease and close to getting a meld score?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes it sounds like he has end-stage liver disease. He should be followed at a center that has liver transplantation or referral to one.
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stress Cause Bacterial Vaginitis
- What Can Cause Vaginal Pain In A Toddler?
- Age And Rapid HIV Progression Without Treatment
- Alternatives To Atripla For Kidney Problems
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.