After Hep C treatment, it is not detected in blood
Apr 13, 2009
My new boyfirnd has had Hep C and gone thru all of the treatment.He says Hep C has not been detectable in his blood for the last year. What should I ask him to do to prove this to me. If it is true, What precautions do I still need to take for anal and oral sex as well as regular sex.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You may want to ask him to share a copy of his test results. I would still advise safe sex to prevent other infections as well, such as HIV and HPV.
I would also get immunized against hepatitis B if you weren't as a kid.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms During Window Period
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Tingling Lips Sign Of Seroconversion
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.