Apr 6, 2009
is there any cure for hepa b?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
We don't use the word "cure" but use the word "suppress". There are multiple drugs for hepatitis B that effectively suppress the virus to prevent liver damage including entecavir, tenofovir, interferon, adefovir, telbivudine, lamivudine and newer drugs that are being developed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- In What Year Was The Vaccine For Aids Discovered?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results Back On An Hiv Test?
- How To Get Assistance For People Living With Hiv In Baton Rouge Louisiana?
- Indian Government Fights Pfizer For Cheap Hiv/aids Drugs
- Can Truvada Reyataz And Norvir Be Taken Together?
- Clonazepam And Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.