Apr 6, 2009
is there any cure for hepa b?
Response from Dr. McGovern
We don't use the word "cure" but use the word "suppress". There are multiple drugs for hepatitis B that effectively suppress the virus to prevent liver damage including entecavir, tenofovir, interferon, adefovir, telbivudine, lamivudine and newer drugs that are being developed.
In desperate need of help
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Receptive Anal Sex With Condom
- Are Black Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore Throat During Seroconversion
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.