|Needlestick HCV concern
Apr 4, 2009
I am a health care professional who sustained a needlestick from a hcv +ve patient. Since then my ALT has been mildely elevated to 49 (N < 45). I also have persistent RUQ discomfort (normal ultrasound). all my antibody tests and monthly HCV PCR tests (Detection limit <43U/ml) up to 23 weeks have been negative. What is the posibility of having Hepatitis C?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You have had excellent followup. You are not infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
- Home Cures For Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.