|h i v meds
Apr 4, 2009
i have co infection h i v and hep c can h i v medication help control hep c my doctor said my hep c has gone up much he thinks the h i v meds is helping to keep it under control is that ture or i'm just lucky it is not veary high what you think
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HIV medications do not treat HCV directly. However, I do believe that suppressing HIV is a good thing for the liver since HIV control leads to lower levels of other hormones in the body, which lead to inflammation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What The Best Vitamin To Take If You Have Hiv?
- Why Has The Hiv Vaccine Not Been Successful?
- Which Medications Should Not Be Taken With Hep C?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Hepatitis C From A Needlestick?
- Nutritional Needs For Hiv
- What Is The Laws On Hepatitis Shot For First Aid Responders?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.