Genotype Percentages in US/World HVC populations

I have genotype 2b, which my infectious desease doctor said was "very rare", but I keep reading about all these questioners having 2b at this Ask the Expert Site. So just what are the percentages in America and the World of HVC infected persons? My Dr. said he's treated over a thousand Geno 1's and a handful of 2a's but never a 2b. What's the difference anyway between a 2a and a 2b? Are there 2cs? Does it mean anything except as a prognosticator of early or sustained virological responses? Many thanks for your expertise and compassion.

Genotypes 2 and 3 together make up about 25 percent of the infections in the US. It is found in pockets elsewhere in the world depending on the individual country.

The bottom line is that you have the "easiest" to treat genotype. There is no importance in the subtype for prognosis.

Best of luck!

hepa B Profile interpretation, please
36 or 48 wk PegInterferon?