Corelation of cronic hep. B and HIV

dear sir, I was diagonised as HBsAg + in 2007. Now my condision is: HBsAg+, HBeAg Reactive (value 223) HBV DNA PCR detected.SGPT is 123ul/mg and other parameters ar normal. My doctor suggested my to take "Tenvir #300mg once daily". Please help about 1) Has any possibilities to Become HIV+ ? 2) I am going to marry may,09 and she has been given vaccin:"Engerix".Is she safe? 3) shuld i Do lever biopsy?

You have chronic active hepatitis B by your serologies and I suspect your physician knows your viral load quantity and has decided, over time, to offer you treatment. A liver biopsy is not always necessary if your liver function tests are consistently abnormal.

It is a good idea for your wife to be to get vaccinated and then to check her surface antibody to be certain she responded to the vaccine. Then it will be safe. She should have regular testing to see when she needs to get another booster (with the surface antibody goes down).

As for your question about HIV...I always test my patients for HIV to be certain that I am not giving them tenofovir (which also treats HIV) and will only partially treat their underlying HIV infection with only one drug. It is a routine test that is important to do.

36 or 48 Wk PegInterferon Regime?
Hep B and IVF drugs