|Is their any medicine for hepatitisBs antigen?
Mar 29, 2009
i went for medical last week and the result was my hepatitisBs antigen was reative,and dont have any relatioship except for my husband.malaysia
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You may have acquired this as long ago as birth if you have never had testing for this infection before. You will need further follow-up however, because one test will not tell you whether you have acute or chronic infection. If your surface antigen is positive for six months and longer than you do have chronic HBV. The activity of this infection will need to be determined by liver function testing and by HBV DNA testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
- Hepatitis B How Long After Exposure Will It Show Up On A Test
- Does HIV Cause White Bumps?
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.