IMMUNE STATUS? help plz.
Mar 28, 2009
hi doc. i had a hep b blood test this is what it said. What does it mean? !! please help me understand. Hepatitis B Immunity: Hepatitis B surface Antibodies 1700.0 UI/L Good Response, Satisfactory antibodies to Hepatitis B surface antigen.
Hep. B surface Antigen - NEGATIVE
IS THIS PERSON A CARRIER? PROTECTED? PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND. THANK YOU!
Response from Dr. McGovern
All I can tell is that you have protection against hepatitis B infection by the high level of surface antibody. You cannot be a carrier without having a reactive hepatitis B sAg.
You need a hepatitis B core antibody to tell if your protection is naturally acquired through infection (core +) or through vaccination (core -).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Penicillin Cure Gonorrhea?
- Can You Have Kids If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.