|Hep C lab results
Mar 28, 2009
I had a HCV antibody test that was reactive with a high signal cut off ratio and then a negative HCV PCR. Does this mean that I have a low VL or that the antibody test was a false positive? DO I need to follow up with another test?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are not at risk, I would get a RIBA which is a much more sensitive and specific test for HCV infection.
If the RIBA is positive, then you were infected with hepatitis C but you cleared your virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Loose Stool An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Seroconverting After Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.