|Hep C lab results
Mar 28, 2009
I had a HCV antibody test that was reactive with a high signal cut off ratio and then a negative HCV PCR. Does this mean that I have a low VL or that the antibody test was a false positive? DO I need to follow up with another test?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are not at risk, I would get a RIBA which is a much more sensitive and specific test for HCV infection.
If the RIBA is positive, then you were infected with hepatitis C but you cleared your virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.