Mar 28, 2009
what is the window period for hepatatis b
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The window period specifically refers to the time after HBsAg has disappeared but before HBsAb has appeared. During this time, an IgM antibody may be the only positive marker of infection.
In acute (new) HBV infection, the incubation period is generally about one to four months after exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Lsil Pap Results
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.