HIV - Hep C co-infection

I am 42 male and had a possible exposure (unprotected vaginal sex, uknown status of partner) to HIV and/or Hep C over a year ago (14 months). I had a complete STD (including HIV) screening at nine week mark, all negative. I had a HIV test at 13 week mark also negative. I had a HIV and Hep C test at 13 month mark and still all negative. Also CBC with liver functions test, all good but a few white counts low, (absolute monocytes 176, average range 200-950 and absolute eosinophils 0 average range 15-500) everything else normal. Doctor said she was not worried about the low white count ! ! !

My question is, at my age and if being a possible exposure to both viruses. Would it take longer for my body to produce an antibody to be able to show a positive test?

I have had all types of symptoms (sores in mouth, numb tingly hands, swollen glands in neckand shoulders for a long long time, night sweats, flu like symptoms) and from reading the post I know that symptoms cannot be a diagnosis but I am going crazy. Doctor says I am healthy and negative but I am worried about the low white counts and the swollen hurting glands in my neck all the time.

The tests were HIV AB, HIV 1/2, EIA, with reflexes. How accurate are they?

I have read that unprotected sex is not a common way of transmission for Hep C because it is a blood born virus not a body fluid virus but is possible?

Any input will be appreciated =)

Scared to death,

I agree with your doctor that the testing has been thorough and no further evaluation is necessary.

pml, hiv, hepB and C co-infections
hepatatis b