Chronic Hepatitis B Infection

My HBV test was positive and further investigation indicated that I have chronic HBV infection. Liver function test was okay. However the viral load has short up from 46,000 in 2007 to 64,000 in 2009. My doctor is contemplating a biospy and subsequent treatment for HBV infection. What is view, should undergo the Biospy and hence the treatement or not?

Your viral load is still on the lower end of the scale for most chronic patients so I think you would respond well to treatment if therapy is started.

Your liver biopsy will have to indicate a certain amount of scarring before your doctor will commit you to treatment.

The duration of treatment will depend on your HBeAg status.

can i be positive 2?
Hepatitus C