|hep b for hiv+
Mar 14, 2009
what are the panel of tests for a hep & hiv coinfection patient?how shall i tell my doctor regarding those tests?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you have HIV, you should have testing for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), Hepatitis B core (anti-HBcore) and/or Hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs). If your HBsAg is reactive, you should have testing for HBV DNA as well.
If you do not have infection, you should be immunized against Hepatitis A and B.
Do I need to take medicine?
- Tingling Lips Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- HIV Test After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.