The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hep b for hiv+
Mar 14, 2009

what are the panel of tests for a hep & hiv coinfection patient?how shall i tell my doctor regarding those tests?

Response from Dr. McGovern

If you have HIV, you should have testing for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), Hepatitis B core (anti-HBcore) and/or Hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs). If your HBsAg is reactive, you should have testing for HBV DNA as well.

If you do not have infection, you should be immunized against Hepatitis A and B.

Do I need to take medicine?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint