Mar 14, 2009
Dear Barabara, Hope you are doing fine. Please see my status as follows :
On November 2006 i was found HBsAg positive in my blood & DNA was positive also. After eight months of treatment (Adefovir 10 Mg) DNA comes negative. After six months I have tested again the DNA and it was also Negative. My HBeAg is Negative. Still i am taking Sebivo 600 once a day. My SGPT some time irregular ( 28-50). My doctor advised me to make further DNA though it was found two time negative already. He also continuing medicine.
1. Please advise me whether i can stop medicine if DNA come negative again ? 2. Is their any possibility to come back the DNA positive though it was found Negative two times if i stop medicine? 3. What should be my diet? or whether i can make exercise.
Doctor , I appreciate your best support and prompt response in this respect.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would agree with your doctor that you should continue adefovir because you have HBeAg negative infection. You have achieved wonderful results in that your virus is suppressed (HBV DNA is nondetectable). However, if you stop your medication, there is a very high chance that your HBV will rebound.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Rash Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Ars?
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.