|Twinrix-3 years later
Mar 7, 2009
My family (wife and 2 small kids had the first shot of TWINRIX about 2-3 years ago and did not do any follow up shots, do we have to start again or can we take the 2nd and 3rd shots from this point, thanks?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Can't say. What I do in cases like this is to start the immunization process and check for antibody response to immunization after the second dose. Since it was so long ago and you only took one shot, you may need the whole series.
Acute Hepatitis C and HIV
HepB & HIV,Warts
- How Many Cases Of Contracting Hiv Through Kissing Have Been Reported?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Hiv After Having Sex?
- If You Have Sex With Someone Hiv Postive What Are The Chances Of You Becoming Infected?
- Maximum Hiv Life Span
- Rash After Getting The Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Can You Get Hiv From Blood Get On The Skin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.