|Acute Hepatitis C and HIV
Mar 7, 2009
Hi Dr. McGovern I know you said that if a person has Acute Hepatatis C ..then and only then will sercoversion "might" delay HIV antibodies at 1 year? Like does that mean if I test negative for Hep C at 6 months that My HIV tests at 6 months will be accurate as well? Is that the definition of Acute hep c?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes, if you are negative for both tests at six months - you are done!!! Worry no further.
I need your opinion
Twinrix-3 years later
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Stress Cause A Abnormal Pap Smear
- CAN BREAST SUCKING GIVE HIV TO A WOMEN?
- Does Having Crohn's Disease Affect Hiv Antibody Test Result?
- Herpes Increasing Risk Of Hiv With Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.