|tehy REFUSE to test me for acute hcv HELP
Mar 7, 2009
Hi Dr McGovern,
I really need the help of someone reputable.
I work for a charit and as i was going through a bag something pricked my finger i dont know what it was it could have been a pin, a safety clip, or a possible syringe that was left in a pocket. I went through the bag i didnt see any syringe. Now i'm afraid I could have hepc and hiv. I've had symptoms i don't know if theyre all in my head cuz ive been so paranoid . My questions are
1) how many people will test positive for hcv by 8 weeks?
2) If my symptoms were related to hcv for example my itchy skin headaches and fatique would my ALT/AST be elevated. I have had them measured 8 weeks after exposure and my doctor said they were perfect
3) How would someone know if they were coinfected. If i have neg hiv and hcv tests at 3 monthes does that mean i am not coinfected and i can forget all about this?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Without any clear instrument of risk (since you did examine the bag), I would not pursue testing for this exposure.
hep B core AB reactive
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Outside The Host's Body?
- Hiv Early Symptoms And Acute Bronchitis
- When You Have Genital Herpes How Often Will I Break Out?
- What Organism Causes Genital Warts?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.