Mar 7, 2009
I have never had vaccines for Hep but my following results came back on my lab. What does this mean?
Hep B Core Ab, Tot Positve A Hep Be Ab Positive A Consistent with immunity. All other Hep values were negative. However my liver enzymes have been high for the past year. Doctor said this was probably due to a fatty liver which xray showed. I have never drink. Liver enzymes Alt 97 and AST 116. Total protein 8.5
Doctor not concerned, should I be?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Fatty liver can lead to scarring. Causes include obesity, high cholesterol and triglycerides and diabetes. I would discuss this further with your physician to see if there is some intervention that can be made.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.