Mar 7, 2009
can one week before going abroad and have the hepatitis vaccine done will protect me prom the disease
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is some protection, but for full protection, it is best to get the vaccine about 10 to 14 days prior.
About Hep B
PLEASE ASK MY QUESTION
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.