|About Hep B
Mar 7, 2009
Good Day Dr..my bro was diagnosed of Hep B...the result was HBsAg with Titer 616.4 Reactive...what does this mean?...how serious is this?...the doctor suggested that he shuould have a HB Profile...thanks in advance Doctor..
Response from Dr. McGovern
All the HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) tells you is that he has chronic infection. It does not tell you whether it is active or inactive.
Your doctor wants to get a panel of tests to get more information. Right now it is just too early.
- Do Flu Symptoms Mean I Have Hiv?
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Is Dry Patches On My Penis A Sign Of Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.