|About Hep B
Mar 7, 2009
Good Day Dr..my bro was diagnosed of Hep B...the result was HBsAg with Titer 616.4 Reactive...what does this mean?...how serious is this?...the doctor suggested that he shuould have a HB Profile...thanks in advance Doctor..
| Response from Dr. McGovern
All the HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) tells you is that he has chronic infection. It does not tell you whether it is active or inactive.
Your doctor wants to get a panel of tests to get more information. Right now it is just too early.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.