|hepatitis b and hiv.
Mar 2, 2009
i understand at most cases hepatitis B does go away on it own but what about a hepatitis B and hiv coinfection person? thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Excellent question. It all depends on the sequence of infections.
If a person acquires hepatitis B first and HIV later, the likelihood of hepatitis B clearing (in an adult) is quite high - about 95%.
If a person acquires HIV first and HBV later...the likelihood of chronic infection is much higher.
You will need a full panel of tests to determine that.
- Is Bloody Nose An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Rash A Symptom Of Ars?
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Afraid Of Having Undiagnosed Hiv Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.