|Ast & Alt Levels
Mar 2, 2009
My boyfriend has recebtly been diagnosed with Hepatitis C. I'm Confused because he has never done drugs with needles. His ALT level was 96 and AST was 96. His RNA said it was 3799390. He has high colestral also. Could his results be mistaken because of his high colestral. His Protein level was 8.6. Also am I at risk, since we have been together for 7 yrs. This really scares me.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect a high cholesterol to interfere with these results.
You should certainly get tested since hepatitis C can be transmitted through sex, although not commonly.
- Risks Of Contracting AIDS From Rubbing Penis
- Should I Get Tested After Protected Anal Sex?
- Should I Get Tested After Receiving Oral Sex?
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.