HCV and Hep B Risk - Nail Cutters (freaking out)
Mar 2, 2009
Hi I wanted to know the risk of using nail cutters of someone who is hep b and hep c positive?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Since Hepatitis B and C are transmitted by blood to blood exposure, and since the risk of blood letting with nail cutters to both of you would be extremely unlikely, the risk is basically nil.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do I Have To Take A Hiv Test For Immigration Change Of Status Or Marriage In The Usa?
- Do You Catch A Cold When You First Get Hiv?
- Can You Get Infected By Hiv Without Ejaculation?
- Incubation Period Of Candidiasis
- How Many Days After Contact With Hiv Person Will Hiv Show Up In Blood?
- Gaining Weight On Atripla
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.