Serology

Is there a reason why a hospital would not routinely test for hep B core antibody? I had a hep b panel done, the results: I had a negative hep b antigen, and a positive hep b surface antibody. No core antibody was performed. I was vaccinated with the 3 shot series in the early 90's. Thanks for your help

The testing was just fine in light of your history of vaccination. You can't have a surface antibody that is positive and a reactive surface antigen at the same time so this is cost-saving but gives all the information that is needed. You have protective antibodies if your anti-HBs is greater than 10.

Neupogen for CD4 counts
HIV meds/liver regeneration