Feb 21, 2009
hi doctor, i had a full blood test, but for hep. b they only tested for Anti HBs - (Antibody to Hepatitis B surafce Antigen, HBsAb)
Result: >1000 mIU/mL
Thats just what i got.
Would i have to do another test for Surface Antigen or to test for another antibody like Core antibody?
Or it doesnt matter as long as you're immune?
Help pls. thanks,
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. If your antibody levels are protective (anything over 10 is protective) then you can't also have chronic infection (ie reactive HBsAg) at the same time. So you are all set.
i am confused
hepatitis b affects cd4 counts?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Massage?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Cut On Lip
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sharing A Razor
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.