Feb 21, 2009
hi doctor, i had a full blood test, but for hep. b they only tested for Anti HBs - (Antibody to Hepatitis B surafce Antigen, HBsAb)
Result: >1000 mIU/mL
Thats just what i got.
Would i have to do another test for Surface Antigen or to test for another antibody like Core antibody?
Or it doesnt matter as long as you're immune?
Help pls. thanks,
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. If your antibody levels are protective (anything over 10 is protective) then you can't also have chronic infection (ie reactive HBsAg) at the same time. So you are all set.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Chest Cold?
- Is Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.