|can i resume unprotected sex?
Feb 14, 2009
can i resume unprotected sex even after diagnosed as an inactive hepa b carrier?
Response from Dr. McGovern
As an inactive HBV carrier, I would still advise protected sex for two main reasons: 1. Your disease state is not static - you will need ongoing monitoring since your virus can return and your infection can become active again. There are no warnings of this or ways to anticipate when that could happen. You will want your partner(s) to be immunized against HBV to be certain they are protected. 2. You yourself are better protected against other infections (eg, STDs, HIV, HCV etc) when you have protected sex.
hep b lab results
level of protection
- Is Swollen Glands A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Contract HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.