|can i resume unprotected sex?
Feb 14, 2009
can i resume unprotected sex even after diagnosed as an inactive hepa b carrier?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
As an inactive HBV carrier, I would still advise protected sex for two main reasons: 1. Your disease state is not static - you will need ongoing monitoring since your virus can return and your infection can become active again. There are no warnings of this or ways to anticipate when that could happen. You will want your partner(s) to be immunized against HBV to be certain they are protected. 2. You yourself are better protected against other infections (eg, STDs, HIV, HCV etc) when you have protected sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.