What clinics will do IVF on a Hep C positive women?

I have Hep C and have undergone treatment and been declared cured. I have had numerous tests that all show I am fine. My doctor says I will never have Hep C infection again. I have been told that I can not have IVF because of this. Is this true? My baby died on Aug. of 2007 two days before her due date and I am desperately trying to have a baby. It took 12 years to have her and now it has been almost two since her with no success. Please give some type of hope. Thank you.

I would be surprised if this was used as a reason not to do IVF.

I would encourage you to be evaluated at an IVF clinic and if there is any hesitancy, you would probably want to see a hepatologist or an infectious disease doctor for evaluation. Then this doctor could write a letter to support you in your IVF attempts. This letter should state that you are essentially "cured" of HCV and not at risk of liver disease and that you cannot transmit infection since you have no detectable viremia.

Hepatits B Late Seroconversion
platelet count 240