Feb 5, 2009
Hello Doctor, I have had lab work done and my results are as follows: 1) Hepatitis B SUR AG result is Negative and the reference range is Negative 2) Hepatitis B SUR AB result is Positive and reference range is Negative,
Can you please explain what this means? Do I need to get the Hepatitis B vaccination?
Thank you so much for this clarification!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Protective antibody titers are greater than 10. For levels less than 10, vaccine is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.