Benefit in starting early treatment of HCV within 6 months of Inflection

Hi Doctor, Is there Benefit in starting early treatment of HCV within 6 months of Inflection. Will starting the treatment within this period(in 6 months of inflection) have more chance(%) of Virus clearance?? Now have been 4 month and a half month already after inflected.Please advise me so I can make decision immediately.Thank you very much

I suspect you are poising the question as to whether there is greater benefit to treat hepatitis C when the infection is "acute" - or newly acquired. The answer is "yes"...The cure rates for acute HCV are very high - regardless of genotype. Also if you have genotype 1 infection, treatment will be 24 weeks for acute infection rather than 48 weeks for chronic infection.

These are the benefits of treating patients right after infection. Unfortunately, most people are not diagnosed with acute symptoms and thus are identified in chronic infection.

new hcv treatment
Hepatitis