newly dx

Almost 3yrs ago, I mistakenly got stuck with an old diabetic needle(fingerstick)with my patient who is +hep A and hep C. (who hasnt had any symptoms to our knowledge). Since then, I have been checking my LFT's which always have been okay until last week when I decided to go for STD testing. My results came back +hep c! Since my husband doesnt have it, could I have gotten it from that small finger stick 3yrs ago? I was also tested for HIV in november and it came back neg. Do I now need to go back and retest for that as well?

I would follow up with your employee health service and discuss your past exposure. I would also get additional information such as HCV RNA testing. If there is no detectable virus, I would get a RIBA test to be certain it is not a false positive antibody test.

HepB test result confusion
Trade off for HBV anti-viral therapy