HepB test result confusion

I was hospitalized in 2005 for 8 days from a HepB infection. Have been tested now every 6 months for last few yrs. My readings have always been the same HBsAg screen (negative), Hep B core Ab, IgM (negative). Recently joined an online support group and their responses have been "You do not have Hep B" and "You never had Hep B", well I would love this to be true, its not, can u explain, do I need to revisit my Dr. ASAP for clarification and request other tests?

To know if you had past hepatitis B with clearance you need to check the following:

Hepatitis B core Ig G (note IgG - not IgM) Hepatitis B surface antibody

Both should be positive. The fact that your surface antigen is negative is good news. Most people who get symptoms with acute hepatitis B infection do clear the virus on their own.

The IgM will be negative now that your acute illness is over. This test should only be done in the setting of acute infection.

HIV positive, elevated liver enzymes
newly dx