|One time deal?
Jan 25, 2009
I have had unprotected sex only once with a man who has contracted Hep C, I have a sore stitch like cramp under my right bottom rib and its been there for days. Can I feel symptoms after only two weeks of possibly contracting it and what are the chances that I may have?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Sexual transmission of hepatitis C is uncommon. It is more likely to be transmitted when sexual intercourse is associated with trauma (eg, rectal sex with mucosal tears) or with other genital lesions (eg, ulcers from syphilis). Testing for HCV and liver function tests can certainly alleviate any concerns you may have.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.