Jan 25, 2009
i had unprotected intercourse with a friend 14 years ago, but unsure of her hepatitis status. i never tested for this. wondering your opinion.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Sexual transmission of hepatitis viruses is much more common for hepatitis B than C. However, if you have any lingering concerns regarding the exposure, it is certainly reasonable to get a simple blood test for both for the reassurance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Tiredness?
- Is Blood In Urine A Sign Of AIDS?
- Can You Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.