Needle prick

I and a coworker were hanging pictures at work. The laser leveler we were using has a sharp pin that allows you to mark points. After he pricked his finger on it, I mistakenly did the same thing. I immediately squeezed my finger and a small pin-head amount of blood came out and I sucked on it to "clean it out". My coworker also had a little bleeding and happily used the opportunity to check his blood sugar level! (he is diabetic and tests several times a day). This individual is about 65, very healthy, and retiring in a few weeks with his wife. I doubt he's a risk but should I be concerned about ANY disease with this small episode? Thanks

I would see your physician and discuss this issue further. Routine testing should be considered, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either.

Mono and HIV
how soon can you tell if you have it