Mono and HIV

Hi there, I'm new to asking about things online. I've had mono for about 3 months now. It was in recession, but last week my doctor told me I was getting better and now I'm worse. So basically I relapsed. My mono symptoms are going back with a couple new ones, like a stuffy nose and a slight cough. My question then is, since I had sexual intercourse about 2 weeks ago, unprotected, I felt my mono all last week, but could feel it getting worse. I'm thinking maybe I'm just getting a cold on top of it. I really don't want to have to go to my doctor and ask for an HIV test, since I have a pretty good amount of faith in the person I was with. What do you think the odds are that it's HIV?

I would address your HIV question to the HIV forum. However, quickly I will tell you that the new HIV testing guidelines in the US have incorporated HIV testing into routine medical care. I would certainly get tested just to be absolutely certain - this will allay any fears/anxiety you may have. I will also tell you that I routinely do HIV testing for anyone with mono just to be conservative and to give the very best care to my patients.

Why did my vaccination for Hep A and B not work
Needle prick