SVR after treatment relapse part 2

Dr. McGovern, Well after another blood draw my result came back with a count of 21 units using TMA. According to my liver specialist this a negative result! According to previous viral load counts, my viral load had begun dropping sometime around February of 2008 and by December I became negative. The liver specialist said that this is a very rare event, that he has experienced only once many many years ago in his long career. My specialist wants me to get another viral load count in three months to see if this is sustained. In the meanwhile, considering that I have the beginning stages of cirrhosis, what should I do to ensure that I maintain remaining liver function?

Sincerely,

One-in-a-million and blessed for it ---------------------- Dr. McGovern,

Two years ago I finished interferon and ribiviran treatment for hep c geno type 1. A few months after treatment my viral load bounced back and I was considered a treatment failure. By the way, I have been categorized as having stage 4 liver damage. A few weeks ago I had routine blood work and it showed that all my blood work was within normal range including ALT and AST enzymes. Just last week I drew blood for a viral load count and amazingly it came back negative for Hep C! Is it possible to have a sustained virological response after treatment failure?

Confused

I am thrilled to hear your good news!

Can a person with hep C get married and have kids?
cocaine and hiv