Liver Biopsy

I have Hep C & am scheduled for a liver biopsy, what should I expect? Concerned! Tmishell

Most of my patients are also worried and anxious when they are scheduled for a liver biopsy. I have been told by all that the anxiety was worse than the test.

A small needle will be given to numb the area of where the liver biopsy needle will be inserted. The biopsy itself takes about 30 seconds - you take a deep breath to move the liver down and the doctor will quickly insert the biopsy needle - and it is over. You stay in the office for a few hours to make certain you feel okay.

I saw one of my patients in the parking lot of the hospital after his biopsy - he was going out to a restaurant to meet a friend for dinner. He told me the biopsy felt like a "bit of a kick in my side", but he was excited that it was over and he was going out to celebrate.

my wife is positive of HBV,she is pregnant
Hepatitis B Treatment?