Jan 11, 2009
I have Hep C & am scheduled for a liver biopsy, what should I expect? Concerned! Tmishell
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Most of my patients are also worried and anxious when they are scheduled for a liver biopsy. I have been told by all that the anxiety was worse than the test.
A small needle will be given to numb the area of where the liver biopsy needle will be inserted. The biopsy itself takes about 30 seconds - you take a deep breath to move the liver down and the doctor will quickly insert the biopsy needle - and it is over. You stay in the office for a few hours to make certain you feel okay.
I saw one of my patients in the parking lot of the hospital after his biopsy - he was going out to a restaurant to meet a friend for dinner. He told me the biopsy felt like a "bit of a kick in my side", but he was excited that it was over and he was going out to celebrate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.