|my wife is positive of HBV,she is pregnant
Jan 11, 2009
my wife is HBsAG reactive,& she is pregnant,we are sexually actve,there is a posibility that our baby & i can get the hepa virus?by the way im from the philipines...almost 1yr marriage with my wife...
Response from Dr. McGovern
You should DEFINITELY have immunization for hepatitis B if your testing shows that you are not infected.
Your baby should do fine with standard immunization protocols at birth. Discuss this with your wife's doctor.
URGENT: HEPA B
- What Does A Syphilis Rash Look Like?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In Males
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.