URGENT: HEPA B

dear doctor,

i am 22 years old from the Philippines... i am an aspiring nurse waiting for my examination's result... Last 2004, i was diagnosed having infected with HBV... on 2005, i have born a child, she was given her HB vaccination within 24 hours, then the next doses were given during her 2nd and 3rd months of life...

i hev listed here my lab results, kindly explain it to me...

SGPT 30.0 Anti HbcIgm 0.133 Nonreactive HBsAg Reactive

with regards to my daughter, is it possible for her not to acquire the infection?

honestly, i have not seen my doctor since then, but now i am afraid of what may happen to me and to my family's future...

is there a possibility to rule out the infection?

thank you so much and i am looking forward for your positive response...

GOD BLESS

Your hepatitis B surface antigen is reactive which suggests chronic infection. However, I cannot tell if it is active or inactive because you need a HBV DNA test to see if the virus is in your blood.

Your liver function tests are normal but that can occur even with virus in your blood. Even if the virus is in your blood, we wouldn't necessarily recommend treatment now since you are young and your liver function testes are normal. You do need ongoing follow-up to determine when the activity of your hepatitis B may change.

Your baby should do well. The vaccine protocol is very effective. Your baby should have follow up testing to confirm this.

Best regards for your health and the health of your baby.

HBV
my wife is positive of HBV,she is pregnant