|What does this mean
Jan 11, 2009
Hello,. I was recently tested for hep C. My results were mailed to me. HVC Ab w/Rflx to RIBA HCV AB = positive. What does this mean? I have upcoming appointment and wonder what questions I should be asking. Thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you were infected with hepatitis C in the past. However it does not tell you if you have ongoing infection. A test for HCV RNA will tell you that.
Benefits of HVC Therapy
Do I need a booster dose?
- Why Do People Get Shingles?
- Which Glands Get Sore With Herpes?
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- Syphilis From Receiving Fellatio
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.