|What does this mean
Jan 11, 2009
Hello,. I was recently tested for hep C. My results were mailed to me. HVC Ab w/Rflx to RIBA HCV AB = positive. What does this mean? I have upcoming appointment and wonder what questions I should be asking. Thank you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you were infected with hepatitis C in the past. However it does not tell you if you have ongoing infection. A test for HCV RNA will tell you that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.