Jan 4, 2009
In June of 2008, I tested positive for HBV. I had most of the symptoms including jaundice. Within in a couple of weeks my symptoms cleared. Therefore, I have two questions.
1. What does it mean if my doctor explained that my results were good and I had no liver damages but one of the tests indicated that I was still positive or have been exposed to HBV?
2. My jaundice improved since my diagnose, but what can I do to get my eyes completely white like before? Other than that I feel fine.
I am at the end of my six month period since my diagnose. I need to get tested again to verify that I cleared the HBV infection. Once cleared, will I be safe forever?
What do you think? Thanks in advance!
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you cleared the infection you will be "safe" from HBV. Your jaundice should clear by now. Would follow up on bilirubin results as well.
side effect of drugs
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.