Jan 4, 2009
I'm a daycare worker who was doing a craft with kids. A child manipulated clay that I later manipulated. He then showed me his fingers that were smeared with blood from a minor cut that he had. I myself had small cuts and even a burn on my finger. My doctor said that this this is a low/no risk situation for hcv or hiv.
My question is whether or not the 3 month test is sufficient enough to put this behind me. My doctor said no and said that 6 months is definitive.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If I decide to go ahead with testing, I usually complete the recommended six months of surveillance. However, I do think you can put this behind you. This was a low risk situation and I would be very reassured by your 3 month tesing results.
Healthy Undetectable Hep B
niece has a aunt that has hepatitis c, she plays with my kids should i worry
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.