For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

12 weeks?

I'm a daycare worker who was doing a craft with kids. A child manipulated clay that I later manipulated. He then showed me his fingers that were smeared with blood from a minor cut that he had. I myself had small cuts and even a burn on my finger. My doctor said that this this is a low/no risk situation for hcv or hiv.

My question is whether or not the 3 month test is sufficient enough to put this behind me. My doctor said no and said that 6 months is definitive.

If I decide to go ahead with testing, I usually complete the recommended six months of surveillance. However, I do think you can put this behind you. This was a low risk situation and I would be very reassured by your 3 month tesing results.

Healthy Undetectable Hep B
niece has a aunt that has hepatitis c, she plays with my kids should i worry