Healthy Undetectable Hep B

Dear Dr. McGovern: I have met a guy that am interested in dating. We seem to have a lot in common. He says he is "healthy undetectable Hep B". I am healthy undetectable poz. What concerns should I have in kissing him? having sex with him? etc...I know what my "undetectable" means but I don't know what his means?

thanks Wondering in Tn

I would suggest testing for both of you to confirm your status and share the results with one physician who can advise you both on these issues based on the black and white lab results. In the meantime, I would use condoms for sex; no issues related to kissing. If you have never been exposed to hepatitis B, I would get vaccinated and check your HBV antibody titers after immunization to be certain it was effective.

Vaccine after exposure
12 weeks?